Warning: From now until the Super Bowl, Mondays will be dedicated to football. So, if you’re not into it, feel free to ignore me on Mondays. If you’re a normal human being (just kidding… sort of), then feel free to stick around on Mondays and let me know how your team did this weekend!
The best part of it is that Kristine from Living Barefoot and Crazy is hosting a link-up on Mondays too! I will be linking up, and if you’re just as obsessed with the sport as I am, you should go link up too! Got it? Alright, let’s get on with it.
Games I watched this weekend (or kept up with):
Wake Forest at Boston College – Wake continues to disappoint me. While they are in the same division as my Seminoles, I would still like to see them do well. They just couldn’t hang with BC. This team needs some offense! And well, some defense wouldn’t hurt either. Final Score: WF – 10 BC – 24
Florida at Miami – I love my Seminoles, so seeing our 2 rivals play against each other was just hard to watch. I didn’t want either one of them to win! However, I was slightly pulling for Miami. I think they have more talent on their team. How the heck was Florida ranked so high? Can we say overrated? Just because you’re in the SEC doesn’t mean you have to be ranked! You need to have the talent to back it up. Final Score: UF – 16 Miami – 21
Oklahoma State at UTSA – I have 2 other favorite football teams that I cheer for when FSU isn’t playing. Oklahoma State and Oregon. I was happy to see Ok State play their little hearts out. Note to self: don’t ever say that again when referring to football! I was excited to see that they were playing in the Alamodome. It also made me miss San Antonio. While I’ve only been there once, I fell in love with that city when we vacationed there in March. That’s a story for another time. Final Score: OSU – 56 UTSA – 35
A drive by photo of the Alamodome!
WKU at Tennessee – Tennessee is looking good so far this season! I hope they have a good year! Final Score: WKU – 20 UT – 52
MTSU at UNC – The Heels had a great game! They looked better than they did against the Gamecocks last week, but they still have some room for improvement. Final Score: MTSU – 20, UNC – 40
Oregon at Virginia – All I can say is that my Ducks continue to dominate! Quack Quack! Final Score: Oregon – 59 Virginia – 10
South Carolina at Georgia – I just can’t cheer for Georgia, and it’s fun to watch Steve Spurrier coach. I know I shouldn’t like him because he coached for the Gators back in the day, but I still like the guy. I was sad that the Gamecocks couldn’t pull out the win. Final Score: USC – 30 UGA – 41
Samford at Arkansas – Honestly, I thought the little Baptist school from my hometown would pull off the upset. However, Arkansas shattered my dreams. That would’ve been a HUGE win for the Bulldogs. Samford – 21 Arkansas – 31
Colorado State at Tulsa – This may have been the most exciting game of the day. No joke! Tulsa was down 27-17 to start the 4th quarter and came back to win in the last minute of the game. Final Score: CSU 27 Tulsa 30
Washington State at USC – It made my heart happy to see WSU beat USC. USC and Alabama are just 2 teams that I can’t cheer for. Final Score: WSU 10 USC 7
Patriots at Bills – My Patriots scared me! I thought for sure that we would lose the game, but they came back at the end. While I’m happy that my man EJ Manuel got a starting QB position for his rookie season, I can’t go against my team! Patriots 23 Bills 21
Gotta drink out of the Patriots tumbler!
Seahawks at Panthers – Oh Panthers… the home team. Not a good game, guys. You played MUCH better than that in the preseason. Get it together next week! Seahawks 12 Panthers 7
So there you have it! Now can you tell how much I love this sport? I don’t just watch my team, I watch a good variety of teams/conferences. Did I mention your team in this recap? What are you most excited about this football season? And if you’re obsessed like me, go link up with Kristine!
5 comments:
I LOVE the NFL....but just can't get into College football. I mean I love Wisconsin Badgers and cheer for them but other than that? I don't know why. I'm so excited football is back! I really don't like the Patriots but Tom Brady is my Fantasy QB so i have to a little now haha. My team (the packers) lost and it sucks. I'm sure I will be back here every Monday reading your posts!
We may not share any teams that we cheer for, but I'm with you that I find myself cheering against Alabama, and USC (and in my house, Notre Dame, Michigan, and UVA)!
Hi... fond you through the football link up! I am a Florida fan so Im not going to comment about that! haha Ok I am. We do seem to be a little overranked. But we have the rest of the season to prove ourself (fingers crossed!) That game was terrible and both sides played bad and they won based on our errors, not their better players skills. Meh. You win some, you lose some, right? Anyways- have a great week!
Wow girly, you watched a ton of games :). I think I might join in this linkup sometime because I watch games too. The only one I closely watched was USC vs. Georgia because i'm obviously a Carolina girl, and because Clemson's wasn't televised (how do they move up in the rankings when playing a team that cannot even be televised, I will never know...). I did see a lot of the Florida vs. Miami game though, that's pretty awesome that MIA pulled out the win. Definitely one of the upsets of the weekend.
It's good to know other ladies are into football too. Maybe one day I can get into NFL... we'll see!
Girl, you know your football!! I can't believe the cougs beat USC! They are typically a disgrace to Washington, haha. Love that you linked up with me!
Post a Comment