Image Map

Thursday, March 29, 2012

It's OK Thursday 3/29

Hi lovelies! Today, I am linking up with the fabulous Neely and Amber for It's OK Thursday.

Its Ok Thursdays


IT'S OK....

To stay up an hour past your normal bedtime because you can't quit reading blogs.

To feel completely disorganized after missing a day of work. It takes all of the following day to catch up.

To feel completely burnt out.

That I still haven't done my taxes yet. I absolutely have to do that this weekend. I've been procrastinating because I hate doing my taxes, but I also don't want to pay someone else to do them.

That we went on a 45 minute hike during yoga class yesterday. It was amazing! I'm usually not a nature girl, but it was totally fun. It was a "walking meditation" where you have to be silent the whole time. I needed that silence just to clear my head. Yesterday was the perfect day for it. I plan on making this into a whole post sometime this weekend.

That listening to the Big Mad Morning Show podcasts help me get through the work day. Those guys are hilarious!

To be thinking about taking a day off from the gym today because I'm totally exhausted. I think my body needs a day to recover. I'd rather spend some time in the gym this weekend when it's quiet.

To think every beverage tastes better in a Tervis tumbler. No lie.

To miss my boyfriend soooooo much!

To get back in touch with old friends. Can't wait for my lunch date with Amanda in a couple of weeks! We haven't worked together in 6 years, but reconnected again on FB. I guess it really is good for something after all!

7 comments:

Micah said...

I'm thinking about taking a day off from the gym today too. I think rest is as important for the body as the exercise is. Also, my quads are still killing me from kettlebell on Tuesday.

Stephen said...

Fair enough about feeling burnt out. Maybe try and get some time to yourself if you can. Nothing good ever comes from working yourself into the ground. (Actually, the Japanese statistics agency has a category for pretty much that, called Karoshi - you can tell a lot of my energies go to getting useless information off of Wikipedia!)

Rachel said...

You are absolutely right that drinks taste better in a Tervis! ;)

Happy Thursday!

Heather said...

Your hike sounds so nice. Sometimes we need to just take a minute to be quiet and be still in our heads. Glad it helped you. Muscles need to time to rest too, take a day off. :)

Chelsea said...

My favorite is to stay up an hour too late reading blogs. I feel like this is me every single night. I always regret it the next morning, too! ha!

Ashley said...

i love a tervis. i need a good long silent walk to clear my head too! i hope you are feeling better tho dear!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Ah I need to do my taxes this weekend too! Luckily my dad is going to do them for me :)