Image Map

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Marriage/Relationship Goals: Week 2 (or Week 1 for me)

I have been reading Kalyn's blog for the past couple of months and just adore her! How could I not? She lives in the city I grew up in, Birmingham! Her relationship with Christ and her husband also inspires me. So, when I found out she was hosting a link-up with Amberly (who I knew I would just love since my best friend's name is Amberly. How can you not love an Amberly?), I knew I had to link-up! 


 Marriage & Relationship Goals
I plan to use this link-up to share my relationship goal of the week. If you're new around here, my boyfriend JP and I have been together for a little over 8 years. We're working towards having a beautiful marriage in the not-so-distant future, and it's never too early to start practicing good habits. With that being said, here is my relationship goal of the week:

Week of August 11, 2013: Trust - in God and JP

I'm not going to lie, I can be a bit of a control freak. I always have the future planned out in my head, but as I've learned, my plans are not even close to being as good as God's plans. I've never had a reason not to trust JP in the 8 years we've been together. However, like I said, I always think my way is the best way. If it were up to me, I would love to just run off and get married tomorrow just because I hate being so far away from JP all the time. While I know he would love to do the same, I know that he wants to do this right and give me the special moments that I've always dreamed of. I have to admit though that there are times when I think, "this is never going to happen, why can't we just do this now, what is he waiting on". I have to trust that it WILL happen and that it will be so worth the wait whenever we do get our moment. I have to admit though that the anticipation is almost too much to deal with at times. My goal for this week is just to trust in both God's timing and JP's. I'm going to try not let the anticipation and the impatience get to me. I'm going to enjoy this week, and the time that I get with him this week. Even though we only get to see each other twice a week, I'm not going to dwell on that. I'm going to enjoy the time that we have. I'm going to trust that all of this waiting will worth it.




Have any relationship/marriage goals for this week? Go link up with Kalyn and Amberly!

2 comments:

Amberly said...

This is a great goal! :) I am the same way and learning to trust that the Lord has much better plans for me has been a great thing! :) Thanks for linking up! Oh, and it's funny because I'm sure if my name were Emily or Megan or something, people wouldn't say, "Oh, I have a friend named that." Hooray for unique names!! :)

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful goal, Cori! So thankful you found my blog and are enjoying the reads. I am thankful to have you reading along and following our journey! I hope that you are continuously inspired by Him in your life and marriage!