My word for 2012 was Present. I strived to be present instead of worrying about the future. I wanted to live in the moment. Honestly, I think I did a pretty good job with that this year. There were times where it was hard to stay in the present. My mom struggled with her health, my relationship suffered, I took on a much bigger role at work when I was promoted, and a few other key moments. I always wanted to jump ahead of God, but He had a much bigger plan just like always. I'm happy with where I am today.
For 2013, my word is Courage. I wanted to choose a word that would be challenging for me. Courage is something that I struggle with. My worst fear is hurting the people who are close to me. I worry about speaking up. This past week has shown me that I can be courageous. I can speak up. I can tell people what is bothering me without the world crashing down around me. I don't have to be afraid. I can be courageous when it comes to this blog. I can share what's on my heart. I can be courageous at work. I can do things that scare me.
I had been thinking about this word for about a month. During church on Sunday, our pastor talked about Joshua 1:9. I knew God was telling me that this should be my main focus for the upcoming year. I found a few inspiring pins on Pinterest that I can look back on during the course of this year:
Do you have a word for 2013?






2 comments:
Happy New Year! Being courageous is something I need to work on too. I hate confrontation, I need to learn to deal with it better!
All of which is true! Can I suggest one more: Have the courage to accept failing a few times. There's a (very) Japanese expression: "investing in failure". You need to be able to face the risk of losing, to be able to win.
Or as I prefer, "If you're gonna eat tuna, expect bones!"
Post a Comment