Happy Sunday, y'all! Hope you're having a great weekend! I've been glued to the TV watching the Olympics. Such a glamorous life, I know. Today, I'm linking up for week 8 of Sunday Social with Neely and Ashley.

1. What is your dream job?
Honestly, I'm not sure I know yet. I do love the job I have now. I wouldn't mind moving up in the company. Also, I wouldn't mind working in a college setting someday. I haven't given up on my dream of teaching either. We'll see what happens with that!
2. If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time?
I'd probably still have a part-time job or maybe volunteer somewhere. I'm not one of those people who would just want to stay home all day. If I had children, I would definitely use the time to do more things with them.
3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An elementary teacher.
4. What piece of career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?
Know Excel backwards and forwards. You must also have somewhat of a technical mind. Being a problem solver is a huge thing in my field of work.
5. Biggest pet peeves either in life, or in blogging, or at work:
Bad grammar, being rude to your co-workers, gossiping like a bunch of 12 year olds when you're supposed to be an adult, people who don't use turn signals, people who do not go on a green light, people who never respond to you or check out your blog when you leave comments on their blog constantly.
6. Biggest fears:
Spiders, snakes, sharks, tornadoes, sounds in my house that I don't know what they are, something happening to my mom, being alone, failing.
I gotta say that I've been running out of things to blog about. Honestly, I feel like I have such a boring life. I was just telling Alyssa last night that I need more adventure in my life. I'm making that one of my goals!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
xoxo C


10 comments:
very cute blog!
New Follower
xo
Christina
livinglaughinglovingx3.blogspot.com
Check out my July Glam Bag giveaway :)
oh excel! i forgot how important it is, funny since i use it 8 hours a day 5 days a week ;) i think my brain blocks the fact that it exists when i'm not at work!
I love that I'm seeing multiple someecards used for the pet peeves sections of these posts! haha Amen to all the ones you listed!
Ashley
www.welovedhere.com
UGH!!! People don't go on green here! It drives me so crazy! Literally, I will pull up to a green light and people's brake lights are on. WTH?!?
It is crazy what you can do in Excel! I'm finishing up a semester-long class in the dang program right now, and I had no idea half this junk existed. So many applications... Glad to hear there are jobs that utilize them!
And really, how hard is it to use good grammar???
Okay, I hate bad grammar as well! BUT I swear that pregnancy is sucking away the part of my brain that is tied to grammar and vocabulary! I wish I was kidding!! I feel like I wake up a little dumber each day. I forget the SIMPLEST words... it's crazy! I've been sounding very uneducated lately :(
I love how very much alike we are :) Oh and I always wanted to be a teacher when I grew up, too! But after having my own kids, I don't think I have the patience ;)
I have finally learned to just walk away from gossip....took a long time..and I have learned I have not missed a thing.
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
I dropped by to say I was awarded the Lieber Award recently and I've passed it on to you! Check out my post here (http://www.welovedhere.com/2012/07/we-loved-here-liebster-award.html) for more info and what you do next :)
Ashley
that "i seen" ecard is sooo funny!!
i think its good not to have one "dream job", but just to be happy doing what you're doing... as life goes on, i think youre "dream" changes sometimes... so i feel like its important to be open to whats thrown your way, ya know?
Post a Comment