It's so hard to believe that the Thanksgiving weekend is coming to an end. I'm kinda sad because Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday next to Christmas of course. I love spending time with family, eating, having some time off work, and of course giving thanks for another year. I do know that this next month is sure to be a busy one... tons of deadlines at work, finishing up fall semester, Christmas parties, etc. So now for a little Thanksgiving recap...
Thursday
I drove to JP's house that morning to watch the Macy's Parade with JP, his mom, and his sister. The 3 women of the family always watch the parade every year, but this year I convinced JP to come up and watch it with us. Yes, after 6 years, I was finally successful! :) I was a bit disappointed in the parade this year. It seemed to be just like last year's. After the parade, JP's mom fixed pancakes for breakfast which is another Thanksgiving tradition. Afterwards, we all got ready to head down to Charlotte (about an hour and a half drive from JP's) for Thanksgiving dinner. We always have Thanksgiving at JP's aunt and uncle's house. The family has grown a bit in the past 7 years since I've been around. JP's cousin got married a couple of years ago and they have 2 kids, so now we have 11 people around the table. We love getting to play with the kids who are 6 and 2. I just love seeing JP with them. He likes to play it off that he's not a big fan of children, but I know deep down he loves them. All you have to do is watch him with them. :) Another tradition is that JP and I always play basketball with JP's uncle before dinner, and I'm always ridiculously sore the day afterwards. I could barely move on Friday and that's pretty sad! Can we say Cori needs to get back in shape... like yesterday? Thanksgiving was a blast! We got home, fed our sweet fur baby, and called it a night. I fell asleep right when my head hit the pillow.
Friday
Friday was more of a low-key day. Thank goodness because we both needed it! JP woke up with a bad headache, so he went back to bed. I proceeded to catch up on some blogs and watch some football (LSU-Arkansas). Well, JP got up during the 2nd half and was feeling much better, but then I started feeling bad. I was achy and just not feeling well. He is so sweet to me when I'm feeling bad. He brought me some Gatorade, some water, and a snack. He takes such good care of me! Then we watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation which is a staple during the holidays. We can quote the whole movie, and one year, we even watched it every day the whole month of December. After the movie, I watched Gold Rush with him. I wasn't a huge fan of it, but he loves that show. When I'm away from him, I miss the every day things we used to do together. In the beginning of our relationship, I pretty much lived with him. Of course I had my place, but I spent every day with him. I think because we spent SO much time together in the beginning, we lost a lot of who we were as individuals. When I moved to another town 2 years ago, we weren't together for awhile. It was a HUGE change for us, and it affected us greatly. However, we learned to cope and learned how to adapt to the change. We don't get to see each other as often, but I think we are much better for it. It makes both of us appreciate the little things and the time that we do have together. Also, we both re-discovered our individual goals and talents. I just loved the time we had together this weekend!
Saturday
Saturday morning, we woke up and both got ready for the day. He decided to go shopping with his family, and I went to go spend the day watching football with my Mom. She was working of course, but she got permission to have me over to watch the games. It was great to spend time with her and play with the baby. My Seminoles even got a win! Woohoo! I'm kinda sad that I won't get to see them play again for another month, but until then, I have basketball... haha! Anyway, we ordered pizza and had a great time. I started feeling bad again though. I had to take some medicine which made me pretty sleepy, but I made it through.
Today
I've been doing a bunch of nothing! I watched my Lady Vols play this afternoon. They lost :( But it's ok. I've been catching up on a bunch of blogs and catching up on some shows I have on the DVR. I rarely have time to watch anything during the week, so I DVR a ton of stuff! I watched the Ice Age Christmas special that was shown on Thursday. I am obsessed with all things Sid the Sloth and Ice Age... Oh and yes, I know I am 25. My sweet kitty even watched it with me! Obviously, I sucked at taking pics this weekend. I think it was mostly because I wasn't feeling well. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:
Sounds like you had a really fun weekend and Thanksgiving!
We watched a lot of football this weekend too :). Parts of LSU/Arkansas and of course all of USC/Clemson which we are re-watching now hahaha. And of course the Macy's parade on Thursday before lunch :).
Love the Christmas vacation movie :). We watched it a few weeks ago WAY before Thanksgiving even.
Amy Lauren
Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Hope you are having a fabulous week! xo
Post a Comment