Image Map

Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's OK Thursday 4/12

Happy Thursday everyone! I'm linking up for It's OK Thursday, but I'm going to be doing things differently today. There's one major thing that's been on my mind that I've been feeling a little guilty about, and since "It's OK" today, I'm giving myself a break. It's OK to be feeling what I'm feeling. You ready? Here we go....

Its Ok Thursdays


IT'S OK....

To not be completely thrilled with the idea of taking J's last name when we get married. There, I said it. I feel a little bit relieved to get that out in the open now. His last name's not very common, and I'm not a huge fan of it. I also think it sounds kinda strange with my first name. Every time we go out to eat, I always use my name when we have to wait to be seated. I feel like I'm being very selfish. There's no doubt in my mind that I will take his last name when we get married. To me, it's not even a choice. However, I want to keep my maiden name as my middle name which will mean dropping my current middle name which I also love. I definitely don't want 2 middle names. That's out of the question. My name is way too long as it is right now. At least his last name is short! Has anyone else felt like this? Were you sad when you changed your name? Do/did you have any emotional attachment to your maiden name? Am I just being crazy?

To be 15 minutes late for work when you're having car issues. Hopefully, I won't get in trouble for it. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do when it comes to fixing her car on her own.

To love hearing stories about J's trip when we talk every night. He's been having a blast with his cousin's children who are 7 and 3. J has never been a huge fan of children, but he's changed his tune in the past year. He'll never admit it though! ;)

To take a Tylenol PM when you haven't slept well in a week. I only have to take 1 because 2 would knock me out for a couple of days. I was so happy to finally get some sleep last night!

To be excited about having dinner at Olive Garden with my mom tonight!

To be ready for another vacation when I just came home from one.

Hope everyone's having a great day! :)

7 comments:

Tracy @ Honey and Nutmeg said...

I hate my current last name and will be changing it to my mothers maiden name in the bear future. I am not in a relationship but I am sure when I decide to get married I may not take his last name!

Rebecca said...

I understand how you feel about changing your name... but I'm actually hoping that my chance to get married and have a new last name will come sooner rather than later! I am so excited to see what my new name will be. :)

I've had my last name for 24 years, and I can imagine it would feel like detaching myself at first, but at the same time, it would be a gift to husband, saying that I do agree to marry into his family... no holding back.

To answer your question... no, you are not crazy. You are an smart young woman with thoughts and feelings. And it's okay to process thoughts. :)

Amy Lauren said...

Don't feel guilty about taking *a* tylenol PM. I hardly remember the last time I've had an uninterrupted night of sleep without help from medication. It's been several weeks.

As far as the last name goes... I never changed mine :). When I do, I'll hyphenate. I don't think people realize that's even an option, but anyway. A name is just a name. It doesn't have anything to do with how much you love someone- heck, there are couples who have the same last night but fight constantly and obviously don't get along. I don't think you're crazy at all for it, either.

RadiantKristen said...

I told my mom that she was crazy when she took my dad's very German, very distinctive, very hard to pronounce last name. I always joked that part of my dating criteria was that their last name had to be shorter and easier than my own. Looking forward to taking my boyfriend's last name

Ashley said...

aww no name changes in my future but i can imagine it's sentimental! i'm dying to know his last name now though! haha

mmmm olive garden is the best! their breadsticks are the bomb!

have a fun weekend lady!

Impulsive Addict said...

My blogging friend got married and HE took HER last name. They weren't loving his last name and she really liked hers. I've never met anyone who had done that before. My maiden name was Oliver. I was glad to have a nice, normal last name when I got married!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Jodie said...

Tylenol PM is a miracle worker and I would be lost without it!! I'm the same one... just one knocks me out and I can sleep without any pain!!

Have a good Monday!!