Image Map

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fabulous Valentines Challenge: Day 7

Valentine’s Day Challenge


Happy Tuesday! I haven't linked up for many of the Valentine's Day challenges that are being hosted by NeelyAmber, and Casey, but I felt like I really had something to blog about with this one.

Today's Topic: Love Blogging (why? why did you start? who have you met?)

Why I love blogging
Well, I love blogging because I feel like it is my creative outlet. I'm not a crafty person. Honestly, I suck at crafts. I'm definitely not an artist. I can't draw or paint to save my life. However, when I write, I feel like I'm being creative. It's a great outlet, especially when I need someone else's opinion. Also, I love the community that comes with blogging. I have a whole new group of friends that I never would have met if I had never started blogging. For that, I'll always be grateful. I can't imagine life without this haven we call the blogosphere.

Why did you start
I guess you could say my blogging days started way back in 2002 while I was a Junior in high school. Wow, I just showed my age. Anyway, I stumbled across this site called Kiwibox. It was an online community for teens, mostly teen girls. We all created online journals and read and commented about each other's lives. This was before the blogging craze even began. I have kept in touch with quite a few of my Kiwibox friends even though none of us have been on that site in quite a few years. A few of those friends I met were: AmyBecca, and Megan. I also met one of my very best friends through Kiwibox and was even her Maid of Honor when she got married a few years back. There are also a few girls who I still keep up with via Twitter or Facebook. I'm thankful for the community I found there, and I thank you ladies for helping me get through my crazy teen years! With that being said, after Kiwibox kinda died, I found Blogger in 2009. I started a blog, but never really wrote in it. I probably wrote in it 3 times that year. At the end of 2010-early 2011, I started writing more consistently, but then gave it up once again. However, back in October was really when I officially became a blogger. I started to read more blogs and meet more people who encouraged me to blog consistently. I've been hooked ever since and can't imagine life without blogging! Some people may think we're crazy, but nobody understands unless their a part of this crazy blogosphere!

Who have you met
Even though, I've only been at this for a few short months, I have met some of the best people! Y'all get me through the work day on Twitter, you leave me sweet comments when I'm having a bad day, and basically you help me keep my sanity, haha! I'm getting really excited about the NC Blogger Meet-Up that's coming up soon, and can't wait to meet some of you! To the rest of you, I hope to meet some of you soon as well!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

That is so cool! I've never heard of Kiwibox before but that's awesome that you still keep in touch with some of those girls!

Ashley said...

I'm glad you finally stuck with it! I made the conscious decision to stick with it back at the end of December. I started it last summer and didn't really do it consistently. Had I known I would meet sweet girls who comment and encourage me the way you do, I woulda done it more! Thanks for blogging and being positive sometime when I can't! I enjoy your comments! Hope your week has gotten better! :) much love

Miranda said...

i love blogging too...kind of like an online journal. The blogging community is the best...and you chose what blogs to read and enjoy instead of being forced to do anything.